R8B Improvements over R8:
* Improved Ergonomics: Single key presses will select your mode and bandwidth.
* More Memories: 1000 memory positions.
* Faster Scanning: Scan 40 channels per second.
* Alphanumeric Display: Program names may be displayed on the front panel.
* Display & Entry Frequencies: User programmable in kHz or MHz.
* Cabinet Feet: Front panel tilt via a metal bail.
* Event Timers/Clocks: 2 Timers. The time may be programmed to remain on at all times.
* Improved AGC: The AGC has a smoother attack for improved SSB listening.
* Tone Control: Expanded control of high frequency range.
* FM Receive Mode: New highpass filter to reduce sub-audible tone squelch signals.
* Line Cord: New detachable power cord.
* Expanded RS-232 Control: Allows customized reports of frequency, mode, memory, channel, name, and signal strength.
Estimating the value of a rig can be challenging. We collect prices paid by real hams over the years to help you estimate the current value of the Drake R8B. Just bought or sold this model? Let us know what you traded it for and help other ham operators!
Based on historic data, today's value of the Drake R8B might be around:
Do you know this rig? Tell us something about it!