The Communications Receiver Type RA.117 has been designed for use as a general purpose receiver which will provide a high order of selectivity and stability. The receiver covers a frequency range from 1.0 to 30.0 Mc/s.
The receiver is designed for both bench (table) and rack mounting. The front panel is painted Light Battleship Grey (British Standard Specifcation 381C, colour 697) and has been carefully designed to minimize operator fatigue.
The chassis and major modules are of cast construction thus ensuring maximum rigidity and effective electrical screening. Each receiver is supplied with three keys to facilitate removal of the control knobs, insulated trimming tool and coaxial terminations for aerial and I.F. connections. Extra sleeves can be provided with the terminations for alternative coaxial cable sizes.
The RA.117 is basically an upgraded RA-17L.
- Desktop Amateur HF Receiver
- Frequency range RX
- 1-30 MHz
- Frequency stability
- Afterwarm-up, overall drift is less than 50 c/s per hour under conditions of constant supply voltage and ambient temperature.
- Tuning steps
- A1 reception, bandwidth 3 Kc/s; 1µV for 18dB signal-to-noise ratio.
A2 reception, 30% modulated, bandwidth 3 Kc/s; 3µV for 18dB signal-to-noise ratio.
- Receiver system
- Image rejection
- Audio output
- 1 W @ 5% THD
- 75 / 2000Ω
- Power requirements
- 100-125V and 200-250V, 45-65 c/s.
- Current drain RX
- 100W approx.
- Dimensions (w×h×d)
- 482 × 267 × 510 mm (18.98 × 10.51 × 20.08 in) rack mounted
- 28 kg (61.8 lbs) rack mounted
- Form factor
- Between 19xx and 19xx in Great Britain
- Amateur / Ham radio operators
- Automatic Volume Control
- None available
What's it worth?
Estimating the value of a rig, especially an old one, can be challenging. The graph below displays what others have paid for this rig over the years. May it guide you to good fortune...
Own(ed) this rig?
Contribute to the Price History database by adding this rig to your collection!
View more videos about the Racal RA-117 on YouTube.
|Racal RA-117 ratings|
|Value for money|
|Based on 0 reviews|