The FLEX-5000C is the successor of the FLEX-5000A. The FLEX-5000 differs from other headless rigs (like the Icom IC-PCR2500 and WinRadio series) in that the FlexRadio rigs have a PC build into the box. All you need to do is hook up a keyboard, mouse and monitor and your ready to go. The build-in Mini-ITX computer features a Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GB of RAM and a 160 GB hard drive and runs Windows XP.
The supplied open source software, PowerSDR, creates a powerful and flexible solution. The number of memories is limited only by the PC hard disk space.
- Headless Amateur HF/VHF Transceiver
- Frequency range RX
- 0.01-60 MHz
- Frequency stability
- ±0.5 ppm 32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to +50 °C)
- Tuning steps
- 0.001-10.000 MHz kHz
- Software controlled
- AM / N-FM / CW / USB / LSB / DSB / RTTY
- Preamp off: 1.3 µV @ 14MHz
Preamp on: 0.3 µV @ 14MHz
(-123/-133 dBm in 500 Hz)
- CW 500 Hz –6/-60 dB: 500/640 (–6/–60 dB)
SSB 2.4 kHz –6/-60 dB: 2.39/2.54 (–6/–60 dB)
AM 6.6 kHz –6/-60 dB: 6.60/6.74 (–6/–60 dB)
- Receiver system
- SDR, Direct conversion, low IF
- Software selectable from DC to 20 KHz
- Image rejection
- 70 dB or better (160 - 6m Amateur bands)
- Audio output
- 7 W + Stereo line-out, accepts PC type speakers
- BNC + SO-239
- Power requirements
- 13.8V DC ± 10%
- Current drain RX
- 30A max
- Dimensions (w×h×d)
- 449 × 221 × 373 mm (17.68 × 8.70 × 14.69 in)
- 16.5 kg (36.4 lbs)
- Form factor
- Between 2008 and 20xx in USA
- 100000 channels in 1 banks
- Amateur / Ham radio operators
- SDR (Software Defined Radio)
- None available
What's it worth?
Estimating the value of a rig, especially an old one, can be challenging. The graph below displays what others have paid for this rig over the years. May it guide you to good fortune...
Own(ed) this rig?
Contribute to the Price History database by adding this rig to your collection!
View more videos about the FlexRadio FLEX-5000C on YouTube.
|FlexRadio FLEX-5000C ratings|
|Value for money|
|Based on 0 reviews|