FlexRadio Systems introduces the FLEX-5000™ family of ultra high performance Software Defined Radio transceivers. The FLEX-5000A integrates all I/Q data and hardware control over a single FireWire® (IEEE-1394) connection to a user provided computer. Sound cards and multiple cables are no longer necessary. Convenience and ease of setup are built right in!
The "workhorse" of the family is the FLEX-5000A . The same receiver and transmitter are common throughout the entire FLEX-5000 family, so no matter if you have the FLEX-5000A or the fully integrated FLEX-5000C™, you still have the same outstanding performance and capabilities.
The supplied open source software, PowerSDR, creates a powerful and flexible solution. The number of memories is limited only by the PC hard disk space.
The FLEX-5000 connects to the PC via FireWire.
- Headless Amateur HF/VHF Transceiver
- Frequency range RX
- 0.01-60 MHz
- Frequency stability
- ±0.5 ppm 32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to +50 °C)
- Tuning steps
- 0.001-10.000 MHz kHz
- Software controlled
- AM / N-FM / CW / USB / LSB / DSB / RTTY
- Preamp off: 1.3 µV @ 14MHz
Preamp on: 0.3 µV @ 14MHz
(-123/-133 dBm in 500 Hz)
- CW 500 Hz –6/-60 dB: 500/640 (–6/–60 dB)
SSB 2.4 kHz –6/-60 dB: 2.39/2.54 (–6/–60 dB)
AM 6.6 kHz –6/-60 dB: 6.60/6.74 (–6/–60 dB)
- Receiver system
- SDR, Direct conversion, low IF
- Software selectable from DC to 20 KHz
- Image rejection
- 70 dB or better (160 - 6m Amateur bands)
- Audio output
- Stereo line-out, accepts PC type speakers
- BNC + SO-239
- Power requirements
- 13.8V DC ± 10%
- Current drain RX
- 25A max
- Dimensions (w×h×d)
- 236 × 221 × 315 mm (9.29 × 8.70 × 12.40 in)
- 5.9 kg (13 lbs)
- Form factor
- Between 2007 and 20xx in USA
- 100000 channels in 1 banks
- Amateur / Ham radio operators
- SDR (Software Defined Radio)
- None available
Estimating the value of a rig can be challenging. The graph below shows historical prices paid by hams over the years. May it guide you to good fortune...
Own(ed) this rig?
Contribute to the Price History database by adding this rig to your collection!
View more videos about the FlexRadio FLEX-5000A on YouTube
|FlexRadio FLEX-5000A ratings|
|Value for money|
|Based on 2 reviews|