R8B Improvements over R8:
* Improved Ergonomics: Single key presses will select your mode and bandwidth.
* More Memories: 1000 memory positions.
* Faster Scanning: Scan 40 channels per second.
* Alphanumeric Display: Program names may be displayed on the front panel.
* Display & Entry Frequencies: User programmable in kHz or MHz.
* Cabinet Feet: Front panel tilt via a metal bail.
* Event Timers/Clocks: 2 Timers. The time may be programmed to remain on at all times.
* Improved AGC: The AGC has a smoother attack for improved SSB listening.
* Tone Control: Expanded control of high frequency range.
* FM Receive Mode: New highpass filter to reduce sub-audible tone squelch signals.
* Line Cord: New detachable power cord.
* Expanded RS-232 Control: Allows customized reports of frequency, mode, memory, channel, name, and signal strength.
Do you know this rig? Tell us something about it!
Estimating the value of a rig can be challenging. We collect prices paid by real hams over the years to help you estimate the value of a used Drake R8B. Just bought or sold this model? Let us know what you traded it for and help other ham operators!
Based on historic data, today's second-hand price of the Drake R8B is around:
These estimates are based on the following prices: